International Tutor Certificate Course (ITCC) is a DLHT certified programme aimed at improving the standard of tutoring in Nigeria and West African sub-region, promoting professionalism at both individual and corporate level. Successful participants will become Accredited and certified tutors and will be authorized to use AACT designation in front of their names.
This Certificate Programme consists of 10 modules.
It is a very educative programme and each module will have a formative and summative assessment. These assessments will be written, verbal and based on observations.
There are three options for learning:
- A two day Intensive Programme
- A One Weekend Programme
- Online based learning and assessment(includes viewing tutor training videos )
Key areas to be covered in the International Tutor Certificate Programme include:
- Basic tutor guidelines
- The basic Tutoring “Do’s” and “Don’ts”
- Strategies for Subject Knowledge for Tutors
- Analysis of Student Types and Learning Styles
- Diagnosis and Management of Student
- Types and Learning Styles
- Strategies for Efficient Delivery
- Techniques of Constructive Feedback
- Role modeling
- Active Listening and paraphrasing
- Compliance with the Ethics, professionalism and Philosophy of individualized tuition
- Techniques for successfully beginning and ending a Tutoring session
- Critical thinking skills